We want your email marketing to succeed so here are a few deliverability tips.
- Avoid using stock quotes, financial verbiage and prescription drug names as they are often flagged by spam filters.
- Gain your contacts trust and get on their personal whitelist. Anywhere you have new contacts sign up for your mailings, drop a little note that asked to be added to their safe sender list. Include this same note in your actual campaigns as well.
- Keep your HTML content to less than 50% of the total message. Spam filters love simple HTML and are much more likely to let simple rather than complex messages into a recipient’s inbox.
- Have an SPF (Sender Policy Framework) record made. This record will authorize our servers to send on your behalf. You can request an SPF record be created for you at the following page, http://www.swiftpageemail.com/spe.support/SurveySPFRecord/Survey.aspx.
- Send your email through a spam checking service. A quick Google search for “spam checker” will give you many options to try out and using a few different checkers will help you identify anything in your email that may get it sent to the junk folder.
For more information on deliverability please see our deliverability education material: http://swiftpageconnect.com/deliverability/index.htm